Monday, February 9, 2009

What are you covered with?

I'm sitting here looking at my 17 year-old dog who has bird poop in her fur.  I swear the parrots do it on purpose.  When she was younger and more aware of her surroundings, this never happened.  I'm guessing she kept a closer eye on the parrots and I also didn't have Solveig the Timneh Grey.  Sweet, smart, beautiful, mischievous, Solveig.  So I feel like I am walking around with bird poop on me; but instead of poop I am covered in vet school but I just don't know it.

Classes are quite light for me right now. Only 19 credits and most days I am done by noon.  I know when April comes and rotations start it will be a different story, so I tell myself that I should enjoy this down time.  A classmate called it "the calm before the storm."  I worry that when the day comes when I take a look at my back in the mirror and see 3 years of vet school smeared all over it, I won't be prepared.  Will I be able to wash it off? Will it stain? 


No comments:

Post a Comment