Sunday, January 3, 2010

Such a sucker...

OK, here's my latest "Act of Stupidity":


This is Mamuso (mom-00-so), a 30-35 year old Timneh Grey Parrot hen.












The other beauty is Make (maw-kay), Mamuso's partner of at least 20 years.

He's probably about the same age as she is. They have had an unknown number of beautiful chicks together over those 20 some years, and now they have their retirement home with me. Sorry the pictures are of such poor quality, I just wanted to take some quick photos to document their first day with me.

Both are completely blind, although Mamuso may see extreme contrast shadow in her right eye. I "ransomed" them on Sunday, Dec. 13, 2009 as I didn't have enough stress with my upcoming Small Animal Medicine rotation.

I will tell more of their story soon.






















No comments:

Post a Comment